Thursday, November 27, 2008

Giving Thanks...

Thanksgiving is an almost perfect holiday when you think about it. It's premise is quite simple. Give thanks. Our family thanks our Lord, but Thanksgiving is one faith based holiday that has no set religious affiliation. Give thanks to who you answer to. We all answer to someone.

I'm thankful for my family. I've been married for a few years now and we have three children that have grown to be people I am proud of. My wife and I still have both our parents to share that pride. We have brothers and sisters that all have children that we would call our own if the circumstance arose. We have Aunts, Uncles and Cousins that we don't see enough of, but still love deeply. Don' ask me to name all my second cousins and their kids or all the second spouses and there kin, that's what my mom and wife are for. But by and large, in a jam, I can't think of any of them I wouldn't throw down for.

I don't have a lot of good friends, but the one's I do have I am thankful for.

I give thanks that we have been able to make a good living. We enjoy a standard of living better than most. The main subject of this blog attests to that good fortune.

And speaking of our coupe, I am thankful for the great group of people that have contributed so much effort and talent to this thing.

We've been very fortunate and have much to be appreciative of. We will take advantage of this day and acknowledge those gifts to our God and probably apologize for not saying thank you more often.

This year we will give thanks and offer prayers for our country's new administration. It is a hard row they hoe, and they will need all of our efforts and dedication in the months and years to come.

And a little Divine intervention couldn't hurt.

Happy Thanksgiving.


(Jesus Hits Like The) Atom Bomb - The Blind Boys of Alabama