Monday, October 11, 2010

John Hillier

1964 Mercury Comet Cyclone

While in Spokane yesterday we stopped by John Hillier's place to get a look the progress he's made on his period correct tribute to those monster A/FX gassers like the Saux & Sons, Don Nicholson, and Hayden Proffit cars of old. Down to the skinny details, he's had it at the track a few times already running high nines. He figures to add a bunch of ponies and trim some of that time when he mounts the injection stack he's just finishing up.

Unfortunately I didn't have my camera so these are courtesy of my iphone. I managed to click a few of the cool details like the fuel shut-off coming out the tail light, front axle, headers, and his "I Like Mine Injected" on the hood. He's getting ready to add artwork to the sides, re-upholster the front seats, and top off that mean 427 this winter so we should be back to take a run and get some better pictures in the spring.